Customer Annealing their brass.
File added to our facebook page.
FINE FLAME POWER TORCH AND HOSE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND ASSEMBLY SAFETY, INSTRUCTION & OPERATION MANUAL READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO USE. ASSEMBLY
1. Before attaching the torch and hose to the gas cylinder, check and make sure the valves are switched “off” by turning the knobs in a clockwise direction until hand tight. Do not over tighten the valves.
2. Turn the fine flame power torch clockwise onto the end of the hose until “hand tightened” and securely attached to the torch inlet.
3. Turn the gas cylinder clockwise into the extension hose valve body until “hand tightened” and securely attached to the hose inlet.
OPERATION AND LIGHTING
1. Use only propane gas.
2. Examine the torch and hose o-rings for cuts or other damage. Replace o-ring(s) with new ones or have the unit repaired. Damaged or missing o-rings can cause dangerous leaks.
3. Make sure the on/off adjustment Knobs are in the “off” position when installing the gas cylinder.
4. With valves closed and without lighting, test all connections for leaks with soapy water at the torch and cylinder connections. Check all joints and couplings periodically to insure against loose connections. If leak is detected at the cylinder connection to hose, replace the cylinder. If leak still occurs, the hose must not be use and should be replaced. If a leak is detected at torch to hose connection, connect the torch directly to the cylinder. If leak still occurs the torch must not be used. If no leak detected, the hose should not be used.
5. Do not attach or detach torch or hose where accidentally released gas can be ignited by open flames. Crossed threads may results in the sudden escape of extremely flammable gas.
6. Turn the cylinder hose valve knob counter-clockwise about 1/8th of a turn, then repeat this with the torch valve knob, the gas will blow-out with a light “hissing” sound from the torch.
7. The torch is without self-ignition, use a match or lighter to ignite the flame.
For the hottest, most efficient flame, adjust inner blue flame of pencil burner to about 1 ½ inches in length. NOTE Do not throttle the torch down. Operation at low flows will cause the torch to overheat and damage the torch. WARNING
1. The gas cylinder contains gaseous and liquid propane. If the torch is moved rapidly, tilted too far to the side or upside down, the liquid can enter the valve and cause the flame to flare or extinguish (When cylinder is connected directly to the torch). With use of the extension hose, the cylinder should always remain upright to prevent liquid entering the valve and hose.
2. Make sure the torch is cool before tightening, removing torch head and installing or removing accessories.
COLD WEATHER OPERATION
In cold weather the size of the flame will be smaller. To produce a larger flame, pre-heat the cylinder to room temperature prior to use. Shaking the gas cylinder a few times will help warm the fuel up. There is a greater possibility that the flame will extinguish when the torch is turned upside down in cold weather.
TURNING OFF AND STORAGE
1. Remove the cylinder from the torch/hose when not in use. Never store the torch attached to a fuel tank.
2. Turn the valves off. Note: The flame may to continue to burn for a short period of time if the torch has been operated in an inverted (upside down) position.
3. When the torch has cooled down, turn the gas cylinder counter-clockwise from valve body to disconnect. Then, store the torch and cylinder separately. Observe precautions on the cylinder label.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
1. Do not use the torch until you have read and understood all the instructions, precautions and you have familiarized yourself with the torch. Review instructions and precautions periodically to retain awareness. Deviating from these procedures may result in fire, explosion, property damage and/or operator injury. Do not try to operate before reading instructions.
2. Do not point torch towards face, other persons or flammable objects. Never attempt to use the torch as a cigarette lighter.
3. Disconnect cylinder when not in use.
4. Never attempt to modify the torch construction and never use unapproved fuel.
5. Treat the torch as you would treat any fine tool or instrument, do not drop or otherwise abuse.
6. Do not use a leaking, damaged or malfunctioning torch. Stop using it immediately, DO NOT use the torch until you have corrected the problem. Torches improperly operated, maintained or repaired can be dangerous. Improper use, service repair or modification of the torch could result in damage to the product, property damage or personal injury to the operator.
7. Work only in well ventilated areas.
8. Always place your work on a firebrick or fire resistant surface. If you are not sure if it’s a firebrick or fire resistant surface, do not use it. Ordinary bricks and concrete can explode when subjected to high temperatures. Do not work on wood or metal surfaces. Always shield your work.
9. Always wear protective gloves, eye-wear and use proper tools to handle hot work.
10. Be aware that the tip of the torch can get extremely hot during use. Take precautions to protect yourself and others from accidental burns. Never use the torch on or near combustibles. Be especially careful around motor vehicles or ant gasoline-fired products and beware of hidden fuel lines and tanks.
11. Always make certain the torch is placed on a level surface when connected to a gas cylinder to reduce the risk of accidental tip – over. Make sure the torch is not pointed at a direction which could cause nearby objects to ignite when torch is set down.
12. When thawing pipes, be very careful not to overheat surrounding materials.
13. Always have a fire extinguisher and a bucket of water near the torch and work area. Do not place them in the flame path or in a location where you could not reach them should a fire break out.
14. Do not put your fingers in the loading wheel grooves during operation.
15. Do not handle hot annealed brass cases, allow time for them to cool.
16. Do not handle the flame torch during or just after usage, allow time for cooling.
17. Do not place hands in front of the torch flame during operation.
18. Wear appropriate footwear when lifting the annealing machine or gas cylinder.
WARNING (Extremely flammable contents under pressure) Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat or flame. It is illegal and dangerous to refill the cylinder. Obtain new gas cylinder from your dealer. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight. Do not store near heat or in a room used for habitation. Always close torch and hose valves and wait at least 30 seconds before removing torch/hose from gas cylinder. Always detach gas cylinder from torch/hose when not in use. Do not breathe gas, fumes, vapour or spray. If inhaled, remove affected person to fresh air. When gas cylinder is empty, discard in a safe place. Do not throw on fire. Do not puncture or incinerate container.